Kelly Rowland is ‘Proud’ of Herself for Waiting to Get Implants

Thursday, July 8, 2010



Kelly Rowland wanted a boob job for a long time, but the singer said it was worth waiting 10 years to actually go through with it. ”I’m very happy with myself. For me, my story behind it was making young people think before they actually do something,” she told BBC Radio of her decision to get implants back in 2007.

Kelly said she struggled with her body image and wanted the surgery back in her Destiny’s Child days: “When I initially thought about that, I was 17 years old,” she said. “That’s a ridiculous age to make a decision to do something different to your body.”

She eventually went under the knife to boost her A-cup to a B-cup a decade later.

“For me, it was waiting. That’s the message I actually had to say. When people found out about it, one person asked me and I just couldn’t lie. I didn’t feel the reason to lie.”

She added: ”I’m really proud of myself that I waited. That’s 10 years I waited. That’s 10 years I was like, ‘I hate this top. It does not fit. I hate this top.”

Too bad Kelly never realized in those 10 years that she was beautiful the way she was (sigh…what the industry does to folks), but to each her own. At least she thought out the decision instead of rushing into alter her body and at least she had sense enough to not get some big old, tacky, basketball-sized implants like some of these chicks out there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment